Tuesday 29 November 2011

A new favourite?

After my rant regarding the disappearance of my beloved Pollo Verdure salad from the Pizza Express menu, I have found a possible new favourite. Having being forced to lunch at the pizza chain one Saturday afternoon (due to circumstances out of my control), I was obliged to choose a new dish to try.

I went for the Padana pizza. Usually, I wouldn't go for pizza as they are far too big for me. However, I was taken by the goats' cheese and red and caramelised onion topping on offer. Unsurprisingly, due to my obsession with cheese and onion, it was absolutely delicious. The sweet golden onion chutney contrasts beautifully with the subtle sharpness of the cheese (I'm drooling just thinking about it).

I will admit, if given the choice I would opt for the Pool Verdure in a heartbeat. However, the Padana is now a front runner for dish of choice on my next visit to my favourite pizza restaurant.

NB. The Padana pizza is now in the Pizza Express range available in supermarkets. I know what I'm having for lunch this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment