Saturday 5 November 2011

A sweater to die for

If, like me, you've been gripped by the Danish crime phenomenon 'The Killing', you could not have failed to notice the hype surrounding the star of the cult series (and no, I don't mean leading lady Sarah Lund!). I am, of course, referring to THAT sweater.

In almost every episode, the cream and navy wolly takes center stage, with Lund seemingly just as much in love with her knitted masterpiece as the rest of us. Unfortunately, for those of us without a television production budget, it will be difficult to get our hands on the original. Made by design duo Gudrun & Gudrun and hand-knitted with the finest organic Faroese wool, it's no surprise that the sweater will set you back a whopping €280.

Luckily for us, however, the high street appears to have cottoned on to the trend, with an abundance of winter knits in Fairisle and Navajo patterns gracing the rails of our favourite retailers. While I was scouring the stores in search of my Nordic fix on a budget, I found the perfect Gudrun & Gudrun imitation sweater from the newbie on the British high street block, Forever 21. Granted, it's not identical, but what high street copy is? But what it lacks in design, it makes up for with its beautifully soft feel and bargain basement price.

And it is with bated breath that I now wait (warm and snug, of course) for November 19 and the arrival of Forbrydelsen II on my TV screen. Let's just hope that along with Lund, that sweater makes a triumphant return.

No comments:

Post a Comment