Friday 4 November 2011

What's in a name?

As much as I'd like to say the name of this blog stems from my love of those late Summer nights when the days begin to get noticably shorter with every clock-rotation and you can finally wrap yourself up in your favourite cardi and indulge in a mug of hot chocolate without feeling guilty about being glued to the sofa in front of the TV... I can't.

The name actually originates from a guilty pleasure of mine: wrestling. When I was younger (and sometimes even now), I was mesmerised every Saturday morning by the insane characters, outrageous storylines and full-on attitude of professional wrestling. It was like a soap opera, but with 1000x more action. And I loved it! Of course, as a 12-year-old girl this was quite an 'unnatural' interest, and so no one outside of my immediate family was allowed to know anything about my love affair. I kept it hidden until very recently, when I rekindled my affection for 'sports entertainment'.

Now, however, I'm older and wiser. Much wiser. And I've come to realise that half-naked muscular men covered in baby oil grappling intensely with other half-naked muscular men covered in baby oil is in fact incredibly homoerotic... which now I think mesmerises me most of all.

NB. To publish this into the unforgiving realm of the blogosphere is perhaps unwise, and I am fully prepared for the onslaught I will inevitably face. Yes, I am a 23-year-old female wrestling fan, but please don't judge me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment