Friday 18 November 2011

H&M and Versace

For all the hype over the H&M and Versace collaboration, ultimately I was disappointed. I'm not old enough to remember the fashion house's iconic prints of the 90's, but I can confidently say that if this recent collection is anything to go by, I wouldn't have liked it. The colours are garish. The digital prints are messy. And the styles are unflattering.

I have my doubts that those crazy people queuing over night at H&M's London flagship store, were actually there because they liked the fashion. Most, I bet, were there to get a designer item for a tenth of the price of a full Versace piece. And some of those were, no doubt, just there to nab some sought-after items to put on eBay and earn a quick buck.

The moral of this tale? I guess it doesn't matter what a dress or jacket might look like, as long as it is Versace. Fortunately for myself and my bank balance, I don't live by this rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment