Sunday 20 November 2011

Breaking Dawn

The Twilight Saga. A global phenomenon on a scale only slightly less than Harry Potter. I was quite late on the teen-vampire romance bandwagon. Although my mum purchased the first book when it was originally published, I never got around to reading it. Fast-forward a year or two and the Twilight franchise was in full-swing with feature length films hitting our cinema screens and stealing the hearts of teens worldwide.

The first film was magical, with its slow-paced plot and breath-taking scenery. The second installment, New Moon, introduced us to the new boys on the block (werewolves) and was 1000 x more action-packed. I'm going to ignore the third film (what was it called?) as it was just so bad it doesn't even deserve a mention. Then we get the final part of the story, Breaking Dawn, conveniently broken into two parts for maximum revenue (sorry, I mean impact).

To be honest, I had very low expectations for Breaking Dawn: Part I. Having not read the book (I succumbed to boredom somewhere near the beginning of Eclipse), the entire storyline was a surprise. Luckily for me, it turned out to be a pleasant one. With its beautiful tropical location, gripping storyline, unexpectedly decent acting and cliff-hanger ending, there's something for everyone.

I for one, cannot wait for Part II. It's just a shame we have to wait an entire year for the conclusion to this supernatural saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment