Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Pollo Verdure lives on

I challenge you to find me one person who does not love Pizza Express. It has it all: delicious menu, excellent service, and bargain price. That is, until now. Apparently, the restaurant chain has undergone a series of 'subtle' changes to make their customers' experiences just that little bit better. Unfortunately for me, these changes are not so subtle. They have drastically altered their menu, resulting in the conspicuous absence of my favourite dish: the Pollo Verdure salad.

Prior to these changes, my typical Pizza Express experience was a repetitive but beautiful affair. I would know exactly what I was going to order, long before the waiter had placed the menu in my hands. Some may say that I am boring, and should explore the other amazing dishes on offer. However, as the old saying goes, why fix something that isn't broken? Why order a different dish when I know I would enjoy the Pollo Verdure more?

And now, with my dish no longer available, what's a girl to do? The answer is simple: I am going to make my own Pollo Verdure salad. After Googling the recipe to ensure I replicate the dish as closely as possible, I can now enjoy the wonders of those roasted Mediterranean vegetables, crisp rocket and spinach, tender chicken pieces and zingy dressings at home.

I will, no doubt, still venture to Pizza Express on the odd occasion. The dough balls are legendary, and I have yet to find a chocolate fudge cake that is as divine as theirs. But so long as the Pollo Verdure salad remains off the menu, I will be unable to sing the Pizza Express praises like I once did.

1 comment:

  1. Please can you advise where you got the recipe for the Pollo Verdure? I have tried unsuccessfully to find anything other than pictures! FYI you can ask for the Pollo Verdure still at Pizza Express even if its not on the menu ;-)
    Many thanks, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete