Saturday 24 December 2011

The night before Christmas

Christmas Eve is not just my favourite day of the Christmas period, it is my favourite day of the entire year. I have an annual tradition that I go through, which consists of Carols from Kings complete with just lit alter candles, a Chinese takeaway from the restaurant down the road, and a snuggle on the sofa with the classic Christmas film: The Nightmare Before Christmas (more of a cult classic, I admit).

It's amazing how even though some things change, others remain steadily constant. When I was younger I loved Christmas Eve solely because of the presents. Waiting for Santa to arrive and deliver my goodies was the most exciting feeling. Now, however, the excitement and anticipation still grows, but for a different reason: relaxing with family over a turkey dinner and the inevitable Doctor Who Christmas special.

No comments:

Post a Comment