Thursday 8 December 2011

Aladdin's cave for arty geeks

You might be surprised to hear that my favourite high street store isn't a fashion house, but a stationers. Paperchase is, by far, the most interesting place to visit on a shopping trip to the West End. The flagship store at Tottenham Court Road is an Aladdin's cave for arty geeks like moi.

I especially enjoy Paperchase during the run-up to Christmas. The products on offer are absolutely beautiful. Cards, wrapping paper, ribbons and bows, mini trees, decorations... even diaries for the new year. Everything a person obsessed with pens and notebooks could wish for.

What could make a trip to Paperchase even better? 20% off everything, that's what. An offer in The Guardian allowed me to save £10 on my annual shop. As silly as it may sound, I enjoy giving presents just as much as receiving, and choosing the paper and ribbon with which to decorate them is one of my favourite Christmas "chores". And with this bargain offer, it just got even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment