Wednesday 21 December 2011

Wonderful Westfield

Since it opened a few months ago, Westfield Stratford City has been continually overflowing with hoards of shoppers. This influx of people was not surprising, and I decided to bide my time before taking my first steps into East London's newest consumer paradise.

I must admit, on my initial visit, I was slightly underwhelmed. Being very familiar with Stratford's sister mall located in White City, I had certain expectations. I was expecting this Westfield to be like a mirror replica of the other. But in reality it is very different, not just in the design of the space but also the atmosphere.

However, after numerous visits (I have been good and kept my purse firmly in my bag the majority of the time), Westfield Stratford City has really grown on me. During the Christmas season, it is especially festive. Jolly seasonal jingles ring out over the PA system inside the walls, and outside hundreds of lights twinkle around a buzzing ice rink. A little bit of Winter Wonderland of Stratford.

No comments:

Post a Comment